Saturday, July 10, 2010

World Cup Final Game viewed from Hanoi

The journey to Southeast Asia began from Willard Airport on a beautiful summer Saturday morning. It was a great day for flying as the skies were clear and the flights were on time.
Courtney and I had a connecting flight in Detroit and then boarded the plane destined for Hong Kong. We had just a brief layover in Hong Kong and then caught a flight to Hanoi, Vietnam.

This city is just beautiful! We arrived in the late evening and the beautifully colored, brightly lit lanterns suspended in the trees within the city parks were breathtaking. It is a truly charming city and one that I always enjoy visiting again. Hanoi is the capital city and lies at the center of the triangular basin of the Red River. With around 3.5 million people and an area of 920 sq km, Hanoi is the country's center of economy, politics, culture and society.

I check into my hotel room and switch on the World Cup Final Game and settle in for the evening. I look forward to seeing more of the city tomorrow, but right now I've got a match to watch!

Regards,

Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment