Tuesday, May 24, 2011

SoyCows in Guatemala
















While my colleagues Bridget and Courtney began their travels in Central America this week, I was completing mine.


I spent last week working in Guatemala to provide technical assistance and business development training for the proud owners of SoyCows.


I spent several days working with Jeff Sprecher of Mission Impact. Mission Impact is a mission agency that works in rural areas of Guatemala to build schools for children that do not have access to education. I had the pleasure of training the Mission Impact team and their partners at Proximos Pasos, a girls school, on the new SoyCow they are preparing to install.


Training included production of soymilk, operation and maintenance of the SoyCow, tofu and yogurt production, okara usage, and food safety and quality control.

Warmest regards,


Nick Scates

No comments:

Post a Comment